Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Prep

It shouldn't even be legal to love a holiday the way I love Thanksgiving....I mean it is THE HOLIDAY as far as I am concerned...and since you asked, I will tell you why.....grin..wink...

standing guard..vintage turkeys


Thankfulness is a virtue..a very real and meaningful one..and all of us should have thankful hearts..we have a lot to be grateful for in this nation.   But the more problems we have as a nation, the less thankful we have become..and we have tried our best to squeeze out Thanksgiving..trying to just have HUGE halloween celebrations and then Christmas right on the heels of it..without even giving a nod to Thanksgiving.....

So around here...at our house, Thanksgiving is a really big deal..no reindeer or angels or trees make an appearance until AFTER we have set aside a day to reflect on THANKFULNESS......

Yessirree, we absolutely give this day it's due in this family and in this home....

 I love, love, love it.....brown transferware comes out and I cook like no other time all year long....can't wait for the oyster dressing and the artichoke/spinach casserole....

plate pattern..Frozen Up Home for Thanksgiving
 these dishes make my heart glad and put a smile on my face.

making room on buffet

Dollar Tree crystal..made in U.S.A.

in full prep mode here.....


sunrise...will be seeing this all week long

me and the turkeys at sunup

gorgeous basket found at thrift store last week

now, if I can just sit still long enough to make a list and a schedule....LOL

so glad you stopped by today...

please come again soon...lots to talk about here...

Mona


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...