Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Inspiration..my Blog Anniversary




Well, well...  it has actually been 9 whole years since the very small, scary beginning.
I knew I wanted to write a blog and share my life but didn't know much about doing that.  still don't..
I keep the blog up and limping along because I still love to share things but just don't have the time to sit in front of a computer anymore.   One of my favorite sayings is...


Since I have greatly expanded my gardens, they have become my priority over the last few years. Hopefully as I get them planted, I will have time to share. 
Enough of that...  LOL

Thinking back over the years as a blogger, I have learned so much.  photography, tablescaping, when to keep my mouth shut..haha  that was a hard one.  I have made some great friends ad watched as this blogging community has grown and changed.  some of it still baffles me.  I am not a computer geek at all.  not even a little bit.  It is all hard learned for me..


Words are not adequate for thanking you all..  Every single time any of you have told me that I inspire you, I am humbled and overwhelmed...and so happy that you saw something you liked..
 You inspire me..  E.V.E.R.Y time you tell me that..  I am very grateful. 

The sun is shining and the garden is beckoning.. but first, a few pictures.

 Really, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU









Little did I know that I was developing my style as I set these tables through the years..



And just like that, I have spent more than 2 hours putting this blog post together.  It is a joy, a time consuming one..But I am not going anywhere. 

Again, THANK YOU to all of you..

Love, Mona

5 comments:

  1. “Limping along” well describes a number of blogs, mine included. As you say, it takes time that, even though I don’t have all the gardens you do, I no longer feel I wish to devote to the cause, especially when Instagram is available. That said, boy do I appreciate reading a blog post. One gets to expand on a theme and that really can’t be done at the other place. Your dogs are so darling...love how they have their heads cocked in this photo. When I started blogging, I knew less than nothing about gardening. Now you’re my go-to person with questions. Thanks to you and some others perhaps, I know that the first flower shown is a Lenten Rose or a hellebore. I think. Now just let that show how stupid I really am. Thanks for going through the work of posting. I enjoyed seeing all those March tablescapes, too! Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 9th Blog Anniversary!!

    We all are learning and growing through our blogs and the friendships that come out of this are wonderful. Your dogs (so sweet!!), your gardens, and your table settings make for good 'blog fodder', as well as the wisdom you've acquired through your life story.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how long it takes to do a blog post but I do like seeing the bigger pictures so much and getting having more space to write.
    I love your pink lenten rose and wish I had several more colors. I only have one white plant but I have a new penchant for hellebores.
    Some of your pics won't load right now so I will check back latter.
    Your tablescapes have always impressed me. Your ivy pattern and emerald goblets are so pretty.
    I started blogging right before you in November of 2009. It has been very interesting how blogging has changed. The friendships I have made are very special to me. And the inspiration is amazing. You are right about the technology. That is constantly challenging.
    Great to see a post from you. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nine years of blogging, that's awesome, Mona. It will be almost eight for us. And Yes, we meet so many wonderful people along the way. Your green dishes and glasses are so pretty and perfect for St. Patrick's Day. The red flowers caught my eye, and I think those are the same red flowers on my post...Camellias maybe? Keep sharing, keep inspiring, and keep taking your special photos, Mona. The last two should be in a magazine. : )

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, Mona. You have always had the right angles photographing a tablescape and you get the best light. Are you using a 50mm in the table pics?

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...