Friday, November 2, 2012

Welcome November




Whew...these past few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity....I am finally slowing down to catch my breath before entering the busiest time of the year...preparing for Thanksgiving at our house...it is my favorite holiday based on a life of thankfulness...I have a lot to be thankful for and I like to celebrate that in a big way every November...I spent one day this week sorting through china and crystal and the beginnings of getting ready for the big day....I love my china...my sweet husband bought it for me a few years ago..it is rather hard to find and I look all year long for new pieces to add to it. The name is Historic America by Johnson Brothers...my Mama had a set of it that we used for Thanksgiving and Christmas..and I wanted to carry on the tradition so we bought a a huge platter and 12 plates several years ago and the collection started for us....and I do love to start a collection..LOL




 The thanksgiving cactus is beginning to bud..another sure sign that fall and November is here..




I just love this time of year.......it refreshes me...and reminds me to be thankful.....

and last month, I became grandmother to a sweet baby girl..after 3 boys...she is a welcome addition to my life...
and here is what I spent a lot of time doing instead of writing my blog......such love..I now understand my Grandmother's love for me....just wish she were still here to see this baby girl....


I am so thankful for you my readers....Please come again soon.....

I am always surprised and so encouraged to see how many of you visit here.....

THANK YOU!

Mona

3 comments:

  1. Mona - I agree that we have so much for which to be thankful. Love your china and I cannot wait to see your finished table. I have no idea, when I will return to blogging. I miss it so much, but my life is pretty overwhelming right now - how much fun to still be able to read your blog. Thanks for the inspiration - I am thankful for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mona, I love the brown transferware. There is just something so fall like and homey about it and it's elegant too. The baby girl is indeed a sweet little bundle of joy. Have a splendid weekend. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post and beautiful blog:)

    I saw your comment for the "Window Shop Holiday Hop" -- did you want to participate? If you don't have a handcrafted shop, you are welcome to post abut one. Please let me know so I can add your name to the drawing, and your blog to the the list of participating blogs.

    Rita

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...