Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Mid Century Modern



This table setting was so fun to do. It was inspired by some Rosenthal crystal that I just happened to discover while looking for some parfait glasses on ebay. I am in love with their square bases and beautiful crystal. They are Linear Smoke by Rosenthal. I have had these white dishes and this stainless flatware a long time. They are actually the exact dishes and utensils that were in my childhood home. We lived in an ultra modern house. the original mid century modern. I still have such a fondness for that period as you can see by my table. Maybe I am a minimalist somewhere deep down in my soul. LOL that was real funny..
My daylilies seem to set off the tablecloth and help with the sleek, linear inspiration. I hope you enjoy the pictures and get some ideas. I am pretty happy with the way it all came together. Thanks to all of you for your many, many encouraging comments.. just makes my day..

 

Bridal White Iroquois Ben Seibel plates
Sabrina by Reed and Barton stainless
Linear Smoke by Rosenthal crystal
Pewter chargers
Fisher sterling goblets
teak centerpiece with Terrariums by Syndicate home and garden
Linen table cloth by me..









The daylilies are blooming and the garden is beginning to mature. It is a glorious time of year to find something beautiful to focus on. Search for that beauty. You will find it..

Thanks for stopping by,
Mona

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh...daylilies. Haven't seen any buds at all on mine. The irises and peonies have buds.

    That is a lovely table. It's amazing that you have so much to work with for a tablescape from any era probably. Have I seen the same thing twice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This table setting is very nice, Mona. I like how the candles look on the table. I've been wanting to get one of those candle holders from the 1800's, they're so unusual. You have always had a talent with table settings.

    Enjoy these Summer days. I moved to So Cal for awhile to be closer to my daughter and grandchild. It's a lot different than Nor Cal, and it takes getting used to. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...