Friday, January 18, 2019

The Beginning of New Things


I just really needed to turn the page on my blog.  It needed to have 2019 in the post somewhere. 
So, here goes. There are a lot of possibilities awaiting us in this new year.

I took some pictures this week to show where we are and to dream of where we can go...

yarrow

my daylily seedlings

the new arbor

byzantine glads

spanish bluebells

Tula

an empty daylily bed

I am reminded that life is short and we should make the most of every day.  It's the little things that add up and make a big thing.  Our life..


These daylily tags were hand made by my Daddy. This will be the first spring that he is not here on this earth anymore.  It makes these tags even more meaningful because there will be no more.  But they are a reminder that it's the little things that sometimes mean the most.  and that life goes on.  So I am remembering to make the most of the time because the days are short..Very thankful that I took the time to dig these daylilies from my Daddy's yard while he directed me on which ones he wanted me to be sure to get.  A very special day. 


Even though the landscape looks a little bleak, it will soon be coming alive again.  Before we know it, it will be spring again..





That's all for today y'all...Have a great weekend...


Love, 
Mona

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to 2019; good to see your blog. Yes, those blossoms will be coming up again. January doesn't last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. “No winter lasts forever, no spring skips its turn. April is a promise that May is bound to keep, and we know it.” —Hal Borland

    I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. I sense a bit of sadness in your tone, and that’s quite understandable. My father and I were very close. I’ve toyed with the idea of building a small memorial garden in his honor. Nothing too extravagant. He loved white roses, so I though to pick a spot in the back yard, plant a few white rose bushes, place a bench nearby and perhaps put up a small plaque with his favorite poem. Thank you fo showing us your dormant garden. Spring will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daylily tags made by your daddy are so special, Mona. Your area is so pretty, and I love that last picture. You know, Spring reminds me of my dear dad as well, so I could relate to how you're feeling and missing your dad. Your dog, Tula, is precious. And the picture of the yarrow is very nice. I hope the new year is being kind to you.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...