Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Table for Two


We are fixing to celebrate 22 years and I thought it would be meaningful to revisit some of the stories I have told about our marriage..  our story...

As I started to set this table..to gather the things I wanted to use,
I started to think about our marriage.......
our story...



We are celebrating our anniversary on Monday..April Fool's Day because that is the day we got married...it was my grandparents anniversary and they were married for more than 60 years so it seemed like a pretty good date to carry on with...

I knew I wanted to use a brown plate..Red Wing...and a pink bowl..Mikasa..on top of a cream plate..Italian Countryside....


The sterling compote and other sterling silver pieces helped to make this table tell a story..our story.......


We have been married for 16 years..and are very thankful for each other...it has not been easy to recover from our divorces and years of hurting before we met each other....we have been like those cactuses in the silver containers...We have had to stand alone for much of our marriage...not by our choice but because of circumstances beyond our control..lots of them.....we are not only survivors, we are overcomers....and life has indeed turned in our favor....


Just like this silver compote holds up and surrounds this cactus, God has surrounded us and held us up....
the WHOLE TIME!  He has been our steadfastness..our support..our everything.....WHO we have depended on when both of our families walked away..except my children.....


So as I see this table..there is strength, softness, hardness, resiliency, beauty...lots of beauty and LIGHT! the ability to make it without much water....and the silver of redemption....


We are a true story of restoration and redemption...




And I think we fit in perfectly with the Easter story..what once was dead has risen to new life!  after all, aren't we all supposed to be living out the Message?  and not just talking about it?

We live this story every day....what once was dead is now alive...Because HE lives, we live........

Happy Easter

Come on over to these wonderful parties where I am sharing.......

Cuisine Kathleen

Between Naps On The Porch

The Tablescaper

Rooted in Thyme 

21 comments:

  1. What a wonderful, heartfelt post. Happiest of Anniversaries to both of you. Your idea with the cactus in the baby cup and the compote is being filed away for later use! The Mikasa Amaryllis bowl is so pretty. I love the soft color on the brown. The crochet tablecloth is wonderful. Your whole table is so inviting and filled with much beauty. With God anything is possible. I wish you a beautiful day and a blessed Easter and Anniversary. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona - your photos are simply stunning, once again. Everything on the table is lovely and, since brown is my favorite color, I can't imagine anything prettier than brown and pink. Since I have come to value your friendship so much, it is so hard for me to believe that your family could ever turn away. Thank God (truly) for friends. There have been times in my life, when they were my family. I wish you and Bryan many, many more years of happiness and hope that you have a wonderful anniversary! I think it is wonderful that it is April 1st!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found each other! Happy Anniversary! April Fool's day is my husband's very favorite day. He already has a list of family members he will be Fooling that day. But they love it. Your table is lovingly set for your special day. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a heartfelt special post about Easter and your anniversary. You write so well and share your faith in a beautiful way. I love the succulents, beautiful lace cloth, the soft colors , silver and cut glass. Most of all I see your Redeemer in you.

    I am glad I am getting to know you, Mona. Have a joyous Easter and a blessed anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post...Happy Anniversary, Mona...that was my dad's birthday, too. Someone put many loving hours into your beautiful crocheted tablecloth. I really like that you have used so many succulents on the table. Thanks for sharing.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've celebrated Resurrection in such a beautiful loving way. Praise the Lord for the loving relationship that He has put together for you. Your table is glorious. Thanks for inviting us for a peak. Happy Easter! Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. That has got to be one of the coolest analogies I have ever read! That is so touching! I think it grabs me even more because it sounds so much like the story of my husband and me. Sixteen years of marriage this May (22 years total), pain after divorce, battling our way through together, steadfast and strong. I love the cactus on the silver representation. A beautifully told story and a beautifully crafted table. I wish you and your husband a peaceful and loving Easter weekend, as well as many more years of strong, steady, joyous marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors and wonderful post....so glad I found it.

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful table but even more beautiful is the meaning of the table! Have a truly blessed Easter and a wonderful anniversary celebration!

    ReplyDelete

  10. What a beautiful creative table.Everything looks so wonderful...love the color.Happy Easter and happy grand anniversary celebrations..thank you...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely table, and how special that each item is so full of meaning. Have a romantic anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Anniversary! Your post is very touching and your images are beautiful. Enjoy your weekend of celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful table and even more beautiful and touching story.

    Happy anniversary and happy Easter.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely table. Happy Easter
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way to celebrate your anniversary! I am happy for you both and the lovely silver pieces with the cactus creates a special centerpiece for your table. Have a Happy Easter and April 1st!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your repost. It was special before and is again. God is the cornerstone for sure.
    Hope your anniversary will be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. For the past several weeks I've been buried in boxes and packing paper -- unpacking from our move. Just now getting to read this blog post of yours. So lovely.

    Like you, my husband and I know it's the Lord Who as kept us together over the years. Your photos with the dishes are beautiful word pictures for your message. Very well-done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary! Your story is the best one to tell, and may the future only hold good things. ~~Dee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary Mona. You have set a lovely table, and the pink bowls and silver go nicely together. It all looks wonderful, and I like all the words you used to describe your table. I wanted to thank you for your comment on my "cherished friend" post. I appreciate it. She was one of my best friends, and it's hitting me hard this week.

    Enjoy the Summer days. It's getting pretty hot here and just trying to stay cool.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...