Friday, January 18, 2013

Arugula sprouts and chickens







 tiny little arugula babies pushing through the earth...all of this rain made quick work of seeds sprouting....I planted these on Sunday afternoon and on Thursday afternoon, there is a little row of arugula.....oh, happy day...




Have you ever thought about training your eye to see 'art' everywhere around you?  try it....this circle in the sasanqua is right next to this old chipped wrought iron post in our carport.....they have very similar feels....it is in the simple things that we find beauty...take a moment..look around you..be thankful for what you have...I am sure you can find some art in what you see......



and this magnificent terracotta chicken stands guard over our back door..she came from my Mama's yard and is absolutely one of my favorite treasures from her....after Mama died, I asked Daddy if I could have this wonderful chicken..he told me he wasn't ready to part with her yet....it reminded him too much of Mama so he kept it until he closed his house and moved to assisted living..it was one of the main things I decided to drive 8 hrs for when he got rid of everything...so I could have this memento of Mama..she always planted it with flowers and placed it at a  prominent point in her beautiful flower garden....she is a little bit fragile and her beak is broken but she still sits proudly by my back door...

It is the simple things that bring me joy.....a crazy chicken, a familiar fragrance, a once loved song..the older I get, the more I can see beauty in the everyday occurrences......keep your eyes open.stay aware of your surroundings.....you never know what you might see....

2 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely post Mona. I need to get out more, since all I have seen lately is my computer. I have been changing my inventory list from one Word file to another and I am going crazy. However, getting this done was my New Year's resolution. Maybe, I will be finished in time to see the beautiful spring flowers - lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chippy wrought iron is gorgeous. I know what you mean about the chicken and your mama. It's those sweet memories that are so special.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...