Monday, May 21, 2012

My Gardening Life

It seems like every year I am surprised  by how busy my life becomes when it is gardening season...planting the vegetable garden, deadheading all of the daylilies, and adding landscaping anywhere I can find room..  moving plants that are not happy and dividing those that are to make even more happy plants...watching for volunteer seedlings and hoping I like where they decide to grow....and always on the lookout for native trees and shrubs so I can use them in the landscape...these are just a few of the jobs I have in the spring and early summer......and I try to carry my camera with me so I can document the yard and the progress....so here are a few from this time of year.....it really is beautiful out there...flowers still amaze me...the colors, the fragrances ..the design...all of it....just absolutely amazing.

Enjoy.......


yarrow and daylilies..putting on a show this year.....






and one of my little garden friends..when I started taking these pictures, he turned and looked at me like he knew what I was doing.....he lives near our deck and sees us everyday.....at least I don't catch lizards anymore like when I was younger...LOL  I just photograph them..so he is safe....





A really, really busy season around here...before I know it the hot summer will be here and it won't be so pleasant to be in the garden.....so until then........

I am in the garden.......and not writing blogs very often.......

Thank you for stopping by today......and please come again soon.....

Mona

4 comments:

  1. The red day lily is stunning and my cat catches our lizards. I am not happy about that. Joe and I moved some of our canna lilies and climbing roses around yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daylilies are such beautiful colors and I love your little lizard :) Your garden looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love seeing what is blooming in your garden, because I know each and every flower was planted with real dedication and love. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All absolutely gorgeous! You have a green thumb and it's such a wonderful gift from God. I'm afraid of lizards, though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...