Monday, August 8, 2011

Caprese Salad

 Some of my favorite flavors from my garden..this is the basil growing by the kitchen door....
 and my yummy tomatoes..several varieties
 add a little of this....
add balsamic vinegar that has been reduced until it is kinda thick...

and this is what you get..a lovely plate of lusciousness....deliciousness..and every other good word you can think of.....sorry, we ate up the mozzarella before I could take the pictures...

this is such an easy summer dish to make....slice tomatoes, mozzarella, and layer them with basil leaves in between..sprinkle coarse salt and ground pepper over it...drizzle with EVOO and reduced Balsamic Vinegar...and eat it up..it's the first time I have made it but it won't be the last..
Just an everyday Sat night meal around here...we served it with T-bone steaks and brown rice...a very good meal.

thank you for visiting today..and I hope your garden is producing some good tomatoes for you too....try this, you will like it.....

I am sharing today
so come on over and visit..... beautyandbedlam 
                                     Miz Helen's  

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful salad and I'm sure, very delicious! And your pot of basil and tomatoes are gorgeous! You should share this salad over at Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage.

    http://mizhelenscountrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mona,
    Your tomatoes are just beautiful You have such a lovely spot there in your kitchen to shot the photos. Your Caprese Salad looks so delicious, just like I could reach right out and help myself.Hope you are having a great week end and thanks for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    See you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Mona!
    You are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Enjoy your Red Plate and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...