Friday, November 26, 2010

REALLY thankful..

As I was preparing the food for Thanksgiving I started to think about all the modern conveniences that I use..the ones that make my life so much simpler...and cooking so much more pleasurable...and I was truly thankful that I did not live in 'the good ol' days'......that I live in todays modern world. And because of my sweet husband's provision, I have the most wonderfully equipped kitchen to prepare food in...So, I got out the old trusty camera and started taking pictures..imagine that...LOL of the appliances that make my life easier.




I LOVE my red mixer.....
and everyone should have some really good SHARP knives..
and this food processor is on the second bowl..I wore the first one out....love it.....
and especially these delicious cakes that come in a box from Cecelia's bakery...just a phone call and a check away from my kitchen....

I might have a pioneering spirit but when it comes to life in these times, I am thankful that I am not living a pioneer woman's life..cooking with make do things and over a fire stove and things like that..and my water comes right into the sink not from a well...yes, we do have it made...a LOT to be thankful for in this day and age...Compared to just 35 years ago, my kitchen is a modern marvel.....so this last Thanksgiving post is about the kitchen appliances that I use the most and make my life easier...
I am glad I live in 2010 and not in 1960...

now, it is time to put away the turkeys and bring in the reindeer.......LOL

thank you for reading....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...