Saturday, August 25, 2012

Retro Garden Pictures.

Winterpast



I had so much fun playing around with these pictures...

Discover PicMonkey, it's free ..or use the different effects on Picasa...

let your imagination run free....

I imagined that I was looking through a photo album from when this house was new.....

and that would be the 1930's

Enjoy...


RED


mountain mint

gardenia

red crepe myrtle

garden gate

abelia - original to this homeplace


liriope from my Grandmother's homeplace


garlic chives

I really try to do a bit of research when adding new plants to my landscape..I want to stay true to the era of this house..there are a lot of original plants already in the landscape and that makes me very happy..

I just wish that privet was not one of them.  we have been trying to get rid of it for 9 years..and it keeps coming back with a vengeance...this years abundant rainfall has caused us to have a quite a crop of privet at the edge of the woods and bermuda grass in the flower beds..

I am waiting for cooler weather to rejuvenate me and help me want to get back 'out there'..

but for now, the library is my friend..
I am way behind on reading....and I have a lot of sewing I plan to do..

all inside


thank you for stopping by today

I hope to see you again soon

Mona







2 comments:

  1. I'm off to find out what "privet" is...

    Your playing with the photos turned out so lovely and artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really love your pictures. I love especially red crepe myrtle and the gardenia their colors are totally attractive...


    Wholesale Nursery

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...