Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Reflections

The other day I found this wonderful little antique beveled mirror at the Salvation Army thrift store.  I was almost giddy...it is perfect for my gallery wall in the family room....As I was trying to get a good picture of it, I started to see a little revelation....I hope this doesn't get too laborious and I can share it with you in just a few thoughts.....

Reflection..

 1 : an instance of reflecting; especially : the return of light or sound waves from a surface
2 : the production of an image by or as if by a mirror
3 : an image produced by or as if by a mirror
4 : something that brings blame or disgrace reflection
on my honesty>
5 : an opinion formed or a remark made after careful thought
6 : careful thought reflection on the problem> 


Same mirror.....different reflection.......another angle.......


and another reflection.....same mirror.......


Now, fitting into a much bigger picture..with yet another reflection........


This time, the reflection seems to be only light...and it becomes one part of the whole.....

Here is what I started to see....what are we reflecting with our life?  We can turn different ways and reflect different angles....In each of these pictures, the images in the mirror are pleasant to look at. there are good reflections given by the mirror....and as we kept looking at the photos in this blog, did you notice that the mirror became secondary and it was the reflection that we were looking at?  hmmmmm


 Proverbs says    ......As water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart.

Another...we become what we behold........like the mirror really became what it was reflecting.....

That is what our lives are like..whatever we focus on, drives us...if we focus on what is good and right, we are drawn to that and reflect those virtues from our life.  if we focus on anger and jealousy, we become that.. and then nobody will want to look into your face....

It is important what we reflect....how we turn our face..what we look at..how we fit into the bigger picture..
How do you fit into the gallery wall called life?  are you a beautiful part of the whole...Beautiful and whole as a separate part but willing and able to get into the spot that only you can fill and reflect from?

Just like this mirror..we are each beautiful and valuable...but what we reflect by our actions takes over our beauty.....and we become what is coming out of our hearts...

I hope this have given you some thoughts for pondering..it surely has for me...this simple little antique mirror..speaking volumes to me and hopefully to you..

What are you reflecting?   make it filled with light....  








Come see the rest of the inspiration .  I'm joining in at these fun parties...

2 comments:

  1. What a fascinating wall! I could spend lots of time looking at it. Your analogy is a good one. I think you shared it beautifully. 1 John 1:7

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a deep and lovely perspective my friend. That wall is eight kinds of pretty:}

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...