Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Julia Child's 100th birthday


"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."  Julia Child

Julia Child rose


 Happy Birthday Julia...

She was certainly a powerful woman...tall and confident.....and she was good at what she did.....


I have her rose planted in my backyard...I have her cookbooks on my bookshelves.....I have the movie about her life, Julie and Julia on my TV stand.......and I have the memory of her PBS shows in my heart.......

I have seen some really good quotes of hers lately and just wanted to pay tribute to a woman that really actually made a difference in history......

She talked simply and made sense....and she didn't take life so seriously....believing that we should enjoy life and do what we love...and with PASSION....

I found a few more of her quotes.......I like this woman......we can learn from her and her life.....

"Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake."

(love it, love it, love it....drama can be done ..if it's done right)  thanks, Julia....

"The secret of a happy marriage is finding the right person. You know they're right if you love to be with them all the time."

"Learn how to cook -- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun."
 “You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”

“Everything in moderation... including moderation.” 
“Upon reflection, I decided I had three main weaknesses: I was confused (evidenced by a lack of facts, an inability to coordinate my thoughts, and an inability to verbalize my ideas); I had a lack of confidence, which cause me to back down from forcefully stated positions; and I was overly emotional at the expense of careful, 'scientific' though. I was thirty-seven years old and still discovering who I was.” 
 “Cooking is like love; it should be entered into with abandon or not at all.” 
It makes me want to cook some boeuf bourguignon..in case you don't know what that is, here is the show from PBS from the 1960's..it is worth the time to watch.......

Bon Appétit!

 

 

thank you for stopping by today..I appreciate each and every one of you...

 

Mona


2 comments:

  1. I think the love story of Julia and Paul is fabulous and she was an extraordinary person. I had one of her cookbooks but I am an old country cook and I was hopeless with those French recipes. hugs, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know much about Julia. I watched the movie and liked it. I can tell by these great quotes there is much about Julia I woul love.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...