Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Strawberry Cake and summertime

We had a birthday around here....and I baked Mac a cake..a strawberry cake....that is what he asked for so he got it....of course...grin.....that's what grandmothers do....


Mac's birthday cake




I have really been busy with the garden and other summertime things.....really, I don't know where the time goes..


 Picking tomatoes is a daily thing.....so glad to have them...



nasturtiums planted beneath a garden bench are doing beautifully..


picking dahlias and zinnias ...



I am in love with the red crepe myrtles.  so far I have three..



and rose geranium smells so good...


pecans
Ahhhhhhhh...the promise of fall and cooler temperatures....the pecans are starting to get bigger and the trees are full this year......time to start fighting the squirrels off...

So, not much happening out of the ordinary but still a lot going on around here....

glad you stopped by today and hope to see you again soon...

Mona

3 comments:

  1. Hope you saved some cake for me - it looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks divine and Mac is adorable and growing so fast! Everything in your garden is beautiful and those pecans are amazing! I don't know how you keep up with it all and admire your energy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness gracious, smart young man asking for that wonderful cake. We just drove through your area after picking up CC from North Ga. College and you looked to be getting a good staedy rain. We have not been getting any rain but I am praying and hoping still.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...