Monday, March 15, 2010

Mundane Monday

mundane..have you ever thought about what this word means? it is not a very pleasant word to say....
mun·dane (mn-dn, mndn) Relating to, characteristic of, or concerned with commonplaces; ordinary

It seems like a lot of homemaking is made up of the mundane..the ordinary..it is what makes a home run smoothly..doing the laundry, shopping for groceries, vacuuming the floors....all of this helps keep home running smoothly...BUT...I think it is so important to keep the big picture in mind. the doing of all these things is what lays the foundation for all the fun stuff....when I do these things and try to keep a good attitude while doing them.. :-).. our home runs so much smoother...Accepting that it is just part of being a homemaker helps me keep the right perspective.. I have done these things for so many years that most of the time they are just second nature and I can do it pretty quickly but it was not always like that..I still have to sometimes convince myself that cleaning up the kitchen after supper is the BEST thing to do and not leave it til morning no matter how tired I am. I know that gardening season is fast approaching and I will have so much more to do in a single day...but it is only for a season and then we will reap the benefits of planting time....Homemaking is like that....you do the mundane and then you reap the benefits or the fruit of your labor...the house runs more smoothly and you find time to drink a cup of coffee or read a book or just sit and think...Monday and mundane..kinda go together.....but I will choose to put a little creativity in my mundane..maybe whistle a song while I work....now there is a novel idea...Happy Monday y'all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...