Saturday, March 13, 2010

Legacy

Ever since my grandson Will was born, I have thought a lot about legacy. about how I want him to remember me and what I want out of life with him while I am here....then Mac came along and it intensified..and now there is another baby due this summer. I am loving this role of grandmother and I take it seriously. I know that I think of both of my grandmothers frequently and they had a powerful influence on my life...I want to have a GOOD powerful influence on my grandchildren...I want to be true to who I am as a woman to teach them to be true to who they are created to be. I want to love life so they will love life too...
I have two women in my life that are excellent grandmothers....Neva and Henrietta...they are tried and true...they are teaching me by just being who they are...and I see their grandchildren and great grandchildren loving them....
I am still working out this legacy thing but I do know it is not really about leaving material things like china and jewelry...it is about leaving that smile and that hug and that determination to be really who I am no matter what...and the memories that bring a smile even when I am no longer around....so I have about 40 yrs to do all of this.......but I know that love never fails so I will love them everyday..and I will not fail....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...