Monday, October 3, 2011

He restores my soul





The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want.  
 
  He makes me lie down in green pastures ; He leads me beside quiet waters.

He restores my soul ;
 
He guides me in the paths of righteousness For His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; 
 
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies
 
You have anointed my head with oil ;
 
My cup overflows.

Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life
 
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever
 
 
this is one of my favorite Psalms..when I saw this green field, I was immediately reminded of it...these verses have been a hiding place for me for many years.. 
I love that He MAKES me lie down in green pastures and He restores my soul..I think that these two actions go together...because I yielded to lying down, my soul is being restored.

Life has been hurtful..people have been unkind..sometimes it has been very hard to get over the betrayal of close relatives.

but
then I remember He prepares a table before me..
my cup overflows..

it is all about perspective..His perspective..
and the healing begins all over again.


He truly, truly does restore my soul.

and for that I am forever grateful to Him

does your soul need restoring?
let Him make you lie down



thank you for stopping by today....please come again soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...