Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Too Young

 One of the things I got from my parents house this weekend were diaries my mama had written.....as I was reading her entries from 1997, I ran across her description of when I took Bryan down to meet my family for the first time before we got married.  My parents weren't there......here is what she wrote......."they all liked Bryan but all felt he was too young for it to work out.....
at first I was a little sad that it was written but as I thought about it, I had to smile because 14 years later it IS working out....I have never doubted that he is the man I was meant to be with....we have accomplished more in these few years than I had imagined..LOL  I only wish she had lived to know that it was a good thing...that Bryan was the right man for me .. She had finally decided to get to know him on the last weekend that we saw her and they played the guitar together...it was a good memory to end on..


I am glad my Daddy has taken the time to get to know Bryan..he thinks the world of him...after spending many weeks coming to stay with us.  their friendship grew each time and he and Daddy loved to talk about old times...LOL  Daddy knew I was taken care of very well and I think that has pleased him...(you know, he is an old southern gentleman with old ideas about men and women)   LOL  another blog, another time...


Anyway, since it is February..the month of love....I will share some of our love story here and there..it is a wonderful one....most people know right away that me and Bryan are a perfect match...we are a team.....I just wish my Mama had known that......be careful what you write down for others to see when you are gone....some of those notes need to be burned, I am sure...LOL    I always knew there was an undercurrent in my family about me and Bryan and now I understand..Mamas, it is so very important to ACCEPT who our children choose to marry...IT IS THEIR CHOICE...our job is to LOVE their choice, not try to change it......
just needed to get this off my chest.....
so typical..him talking, me laughing...
Love never fails....we have that kind of love.....


here are the lyrics form I Got You Babe.........kinda  appropriate...


They say we're young and we don't know
We won't find out until we grow
Well I don't know if all that's true
'Cause you got me, and baby I got you
Babe
I got you babe
I got you babe

I got you to hold my hand
I got you to understand
I got you to walk with me
I got you to talk with me

I got you to kiss goodnight
I got you to hold me tight
I got you, I won't let go
I got you to love me so

you are a trooper if you read along with this woman with many things on her heart.....thank you...

1 comment:

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...