Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Cade's Cove and the Peddler

We just have too many good pictures not to share...so today we have part two of our trip to Great Smoky Mountains Park.....this time I have the buildings of Cade's Cove and a surprise ending......stay tuned..

 we had to stop to allow the turkeys to cross the road.....


a lot of other people had found this quiet little settlement in the Smokies too....












  It was such a fun day..the whole trip was wonderful....but especially this day that was our 15th anniversary..perfect weather, good health, and each other......

and for the surprise ending........  anniversary date night at the Peddler in Gatlinburg....a tradition we have had since the beginning.......

 one time when we were more adventurous, we drove all the way to Gatlinburg on a  Saturday just to eat supper at the Peddler.....and then we couldn't find a room because all of the hotels were full and we couldn't get seated until after 9 o'clock........a very long, long day....but a fun, wortheveryminuteofit.memory....

So there you have it...out trip to the mountains in a nutshell....unless I run across a few more I just have to share tomorrow..you know how that goes......

thank you for stopping by today.......and I hope to see you again soon...

Mona

3 comments:

  1. That happened to us once in Gatlinburg, when we could not find a room. We had to drive all the way across Tennessee to Cleveland, TN to find a decent one! Glad you had better luck this time - looks like a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those buildings. We stayed in a cabin in Timberidge in Gatlinburg that had an enormous framed photo of one of the Coves little cabins. I found it online for $600.00. I guess I will not be buying that one. So glad you had a wonderful anniversary supper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hopped over from Olive Out...I saw your caption. We love Cade's Cove and have eaten at the Peddler, too. It's a small world! You really took some wonderful photos! You see so much wildlife at Cade's Cove and you got to see lots of Spring flowers! How nice!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...