Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sometimes we have to stand alone....

Sometimes we have to stand alone..



Because of our convictions and how we choose to live life, sometimes we have to go against the flow......this is not easy..it is much harder than just doing whatever our peers do.....
There is only one me and if I do not fulfill that calling then the original that I am created to be will never be.....
As I look as this lone daylily, it is not lesser than the ones that went before it...it is beautiful and stands out because it is not just one of a group..it is easier to see the distinctive parts of this flower and not so easy to compare because there are none around it to compare to...
When we started our business 2 years ago, it was really hard.....and that hasn't changed...we were standing alone..no boss to answer to each morning, no time clock to punch and also NO ONE to write the paycheck each week....We were on our own but it has been such a learning experience and if we had not done it, then Athens Window and Door would not exist....but because we did it, it does.................
Being a leader does not come naturally to me but it is a role that I am constantly put in...I find that what I have to offer is usually well accepted...I have been called names and slandered and other ugly things but those things are to be expected when you step out and live by your convictions....If you are meant to be a leader, then it is the only place you will be satisfied...it is sometimes easier for me to let others just tell me what to do but at this point in my life that is not usually the best place for me to be.....I am created with a purpose and if I let someone else arrest that purpose, I fail....I am responsible for my life and what I do with it......I want it to matter and if I am meant to lead, then I will do it...even if it hurts.....
While we are raising our children, this is a good thing to keep in mind..are we raising them to be good, kind leaders or tyrants that demand that people do what they say???
I had much rather be a daylily that is one of a huge group of flowers but it just doesn't seem like that is my destiny.....
What are you made for and what are your children made for?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...