Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's a New Year!!




Being the true southern girl that I am, we ate our way through New year's Eve and New Year's Day..  never thought I would be spending the first day of a new year COOKING!!!   LOL  not one of my favorite pastimes but tradition won out and I got that traditional New Year's meal on our table for one more year...collards, blackeye peas, hog jowl and cornbread......this year we added Boudin for a little variety..I think it is one of my favorite foods....thanks to my dear husband, I have learned quite a lot about Cajun food and cooking....no, he is not Cajun..he just lived in Mississippi for a while and fell in love with the food and culture....enough about all of that..


We also ate a very elegant meal for New Year's eve....dear hubby did that cooking for that one..he has gotten to be a pro at grilling steaks and cooking lobster...




we have really enjoyed our Christmas trees this year and I hate to take them down...maybe one more week..grin..



and lately, this is my life....I am loving learning this new camera.and a new way of looking at everything......and if you get near me, your picture WILL be taken...just a friendly warning..

Do you have plans for learning something new this year?

4 comments:

  1. I cooked up a storm on Monday. Collards, black eyed peas, and a pork tenderloin. With corn bread of course. I think we must be cousins at the very least. Your photos of your meals are very good. I have an awful time taking pics of food. For some reason Instagram is not letting me use it anymore. Happy New Year my friend. love, olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy - wish I could have eaten with you. My cornbread ended up on the floor! Long story, but I am pretty sure that it was a bad omen for the new year - lol!! Love the new photos - the camera is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cooked for 2 days for New Year's and am now taking break from the kitchen. :) Your new camera takes great pics and I love the idea of a husband grilling steaks and lobster. You are blessed! Happy New Year, cher!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, new follower here and I’d like to invite you to join me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/12/clever-chicks-blog-hop-15-vetericyn.html



    I hope you can make it!



    Cheers,

    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete