Monday, June 20, 2011

Gardens Can't Wait

view from the house




this mornings harvest


When I woke up this morning, I didn't feel as good as I would like to feel.  I am tired and have a sore throat...YUK!

But....I am a grown woman and I realized that I STILL had to pick the garden and check on the need for water..so, I got the clippers and the pan for picking and off I went....and you know what??  in just a few minutes I forgot how I felt and was completely focused on the harvest....there were beans, squash, and cucumbers to gather and my most favorite...zinnias and sunflowers..well, my most favorite at the moment.  :-)  My Daddy always said his favorite flower was the one he was looking at right then..that's kinda how I feel too...FLOWERS are just...well, flowers and they are beautiful..never met one I didn't think was pretty...
it was short lived because as soon as I came inside I remembered that I didn't feel so good....

Here are a few of the things I found this morning as I walked around and did a little bit of work.....
I hope you enjoy....
still going strong

haricots verts

Cherokee purple

beets and chard
well, this is a little of where I live and garden.....as always, thank you so much for stopping by....I appreciate every one of you...leave a comment if you please..I love to read them...

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely view and your garden is so beautiful! Zinnias and sunflowers are my faves, and yours are gorgeous. Hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...