Monday, February 6, 2017

The Month of Red and Pink


Hey y'all...  I can't believe it is February 6th already..  
I have added some Valentine things around the house.  Just here and there, nothing too elaborate.



I have some ideas for a tablescape but since we always go out for Valentine's night, I am a little slow in putting it together.  I have been able to buy some of these absolutely gorgeous dishes by Spode..

They are Spode's Primrose  and I am thrilled to have them.  I am loving pinks and reds, especially in the dining room.  My Grandmother loved pink and I have many of her pretties that are pink so I get it honest.  My Daddy loves pink too..and it is becoming almost a neutral in our home.  Do you like pink?  So many flowers are pink too....




My Haviland teapot that goes so well with these new dishes...


I am sure roses will be beautiful with them..  Most of my roses are pink or complimentary..


This little lady is all decked out in nandina berries because it is, of course, the month of red...


Then she got moved into the family room so we could see her, along with the red camellias, all the time...

At this stage in our lives we go out to eat often which is fine with me.  I am not a big fan of cooking.  We do try to eat healthy..well, most of the time..and I do cook several nights each week but....thankfully my dear husband likes to eat out too...so the tablescaping is few and far between these days....

I hope your home has some touches of red and pink too...at least for the month of February...

Love,
Mona

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Mona. Yes, I do have red in my home, in fact almost in every room. Have a red couch, which I love.

    Beautiful photo's.

    Happy Valentine's Day.

    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty touches for Valentine's Day there. I have a couple of nods to the season...very small nods. I think it's great that you and your husband enjoy eating out...it can be cost effective, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee,
      I think that adding anything at all is decoration enough.. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love your china and teapot. Such pretty patterns. Your lady is all decked out in red for Valentine's. Enjoy your evening out.
    Do you ever see birds eating your nandina berries? They don't bother mine. I need to google nandina and find out.
    I enjoyed your post.Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie..
      I will have to pay attention to the birds and see if they are eating the nandina berries..

      Delete
  4. Oh Mona, your touches of romantic color for this time of year is absolutely beautiful.

    I love how well your teapot matches those exquisite dishes - and your Lady Head is a flirtatious beauty, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michele. I guess I am a true romantic at heart.

      Delete
  5. Those dishes are absolutely beautiful! That Haviland teapot, I want it! I also love your little vine wreath hanging on the window frame. What delightful touches for Valentine's Day! Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria,
      You are so sweet. Thank you so much.. Can you believe the teapot was a thrift store find a few years ago? I am amazed at what people get rid of...

      Delete
  6. Love all your pretty things! it is the month for red for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I popped over from Michele's blog to congratulate you on your win of her beautiful tea cup.
    Your Spode dishes are gorgeous and go beautifully with your Haviland teapot.
    I too love pinks, it's my favorite color. My dad loved wearing pink Ralph Lauren tree shirts and he looked great in them with hisome dark colored skin from the sun. He could tan so easily.

    Have a beautiful day~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I popped over from Michele's blog to congratulate you on your win of her beautiful tea cup.
    Your Spode dishes are gorgeous and go beautifully with your Haviland teapot.
    I too love pinks, it's my favorite color. My dad loved wearing pink Ralph Lauren tree shirts and he looked great in them with hisome dark colored skin from the sun. He could tan so easily.

    Have a beautiful day~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Mona, I love that lady with the red lipstick. Can I ask where you got her? You have many lovely Valentine items around your house, and it looks festive. The tea cup is so pretty. I love Red at Valentine's Day, but Pink is also a splendid color.

    Have a restful weekend.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...