Friday, February 22, 2013

My Winter Garden




Living in Georgia definitely has it's advantages during the winter months.  We hardly ever get really cold and stay that way. Therefore, we have flowers blooming almost constantly..and when you are from the south, camellias are probably in your yard or in your neighbors yard...or at least a part of your childhood memories.  My Grandmother grew prize camellias way back when gardening wasn't nearly as popular as it is today.  I remember her camellias vividly..  I especially loved the waxed camellias she had on her dining room table.

I have some red ones near our house that bloom their hearts out every year.  One of them is right outside my family room window and I got these pictures last weekend just before a freeze turned the blooms brown..



Several other flowers are blooming now too...I hope you enjoy this little view into my world....

oh, and in case you haven't heard....LOL  I am enjoying learning my new camera and the photo program that came with it......so I had to show somebody my experiments.....thanks for being patient with me....




snowdrops

spirea

chives
Happy weekend folks....

1 comment:

  1. Mona - your flowers are lovely. I have red camellias, too, and they are my saving graces this time of the year. They are planted near the lake on the edge of the woods, so I can see them from my kitchen window. Thanks for the post - your pictures are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...