Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Recently we went to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and drove through the beautiful and scenic Park and also drove to Cade's Cove near Gatlinburg..this area is near and dear to our heart and this year the flowers were beginning to bloom everywhere.  I just could not take enough pictures or capture enough of the beauty that surrounded us..but believe me, I tried...this post is pretty photo heavy and I hope you enjoy this glimpse into spring time in the Smokies....








these are from the drive to Cade's Cove....












 Overlooking Gatlinburg at dusk.........


Leaving the mountains until next time......


I hope you enjoyed our visit to the mountains...they hold a very special place in our hearts...next to home, they are my favorite place on earth...

thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you again soon..

                                                                                      Mona

3 comments:

  1. Just gorgoeus! Now I want to go to the mountains :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona, the flora and fauna are lovely. We too adore Cades Cove. It kind of makes me sad for the people who lost their land yet happy for us who get to see it now. I especially like the cabins and the churches. It captures a moment in time and looks like the homeplace where my mama is from. hugs, Olive

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it there so much! You pictures are lovely and I pretended that I was on the drive with you!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...