Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Somehow.....

Somehow it will all get done...it always does...and we will sit down to a wonderful Thanksgiving meal on Thursday....the house will be relatively clean and the food will be cooked and everybody will get plenty to eat...and we will be glad to just be together...

so, why am I fighting with that 'have to have it all perfect' thing??????

I figured that if I sat down and wrote it out, I could just go back and do what needs to be done to get this party started...as I look around, it is hard to just count my blessings...and to just chill....but I WILL......

the main thing is sharing this day with those that I love.....and that love me........it is a day for family, food, and most of all thankfulness........

here are the way things look at the moment but I KNOW by the end of the day, it will look a lot different around here........

 we are in process of modifying this buffet..raised the height and have a new top coming in tomorrow to make it bigger...
there is dust EVERYWHERE......
having 5 dogs can mean a lot more dusting and vacuuming

 the ingredients..for several different dishes.....  all at once!!
 lists and cookbooks...oh my!
 most of this is preparation for Thanksgiving.....but not all of it...maybe I should shrink down this picture..LOL  just being real here..


and  I just like this picture.....X marks the spot keeps coming to mind...and it surely does.....here is where we will gather together to ask the Lord's blessing....on our family for another year and to thank Him for all He has done for us..and for watching over us and loving us........
and now comes the time for me to end this little act of procrastination...and GET BUSY!!!

I really, really do love all of this..it's just that it takes me a while to get started in the mornings......

thank you for reading along today......hope to see you again soon......

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling! :) But I've been doing it for 30 years, so I keep telling myself to relax, too. Love that buffet! Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...