Monday, December 27, 2010

SIMPLY SIMPLE

This is the year..2011..that I am deciding to simplify my life in earnest...that means removing complicating factors..so there is more room for simple living...to not have so many layers that I can never find the true self...or the true life I am meant to live...

I hope to have this as a theme throughout my whole year..like the blanket of snow that covered everything yesterday and it just looked simply white outside...EVERYWHERE...I want to be like that...many things underneath making up who I am but one thing to describe my life....I am simply Mona...no games, no guessing...transparent, real...SAFE..

When we looked at the snow, we didn't guess at what it was..everyone recognized it..SNOW!  and it made a beautiful blanket over everything..made us all smile....everything looked clean and it was fun to play in...simply snow....


So that is my New Year's resolution....as I watch my Daddy get rid of everything and go into an assisted living, leaving behind most of his worldly possessions, I realize a lot..it's not the things in our life, it's the people that matter...
I will more specifically cultivate the relationships that matter to me and accept that I cannot make everyone like me...that's just the way people are..I will try to more fully live with the realization of Ecclesiastes 3

..There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens:
 2 a time to be born and a time to die,
   a time to plant and a time to uproot,
 3 a time to kill and a time to heal,
   a time to tear down and a time to build,
 4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,
   a time to mourn and a time to dance,
 5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
   a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
 6 a time to search and a time to give up,
   a time to keep and a time to throw away,
 7 a time to tear and a time to mend,
   a time to be silent and a time to speak,
 8 a time to love and a time to hate,
   a time for war and a time for peace.
  11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart

Yes, this is a year to live simply and to love fully and to be who I am meant to be....not trying to live up to anybody else's expectations..they are not my God...I have a God and He knows me well...and He loves me as I am...and He wants the best for me..all I have to do is say..YES..and I have....

I hope you join me in the new year as we learn to simplify our lives..your comments are most welcome...thank you for reading along...and Happy New Year....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...