Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Joy comes in the morning.....

Sometimes there is a blog that I try my best to get out of writing but it just will not go away until I write these words down..today is a date like that...I have tried to turn this into a most joyous Christmas blog but the more I try to do that, the harder my heart pounds...and I KNOW I must write about this today. Having said that, this will be some sadness so if you do not need that..I understand...I will see you tomorrow....but if you have ever had a miscarriage or know someone that has had one, I am sharing my heart with and for you..
.
Ten years ago on this date, Pearl Harbor Day..how could I ever forget it??? during a routine dr visit, I found out I was pregnant...WOW!

We were elated and shocked and so wanting this baby..the whole doctors office was excited....I was going to be a mama again at this late date in life....we had already had 2 miscarriages and given up on this possibility so what a great gift we were being given.....
I suffered with morning sickness all during the Christmas season that year.. :-) but I was so happy that it didn't matter....

then at the 10 week mark, the ultrasound was scheduled....and we found out that the baby had died...a miscarriage was inevitable....
so on Feb 7, 2001....we suffered through a miscarriage....the dream had died...



Just like the huge limb on this oak tree, something had been severed...we were changed...altered...and now we had to grieve through this and pick up the pieces and let God make us stronger in the broken places...so that is what we did....there is not a Dec 7 that goes by that I don't remember this little one that we never held..He is as real to me as my breath..this baby of mine...that one day I will hold in heaven..



So as a tribute to his tiny little short life I write this blog....his life was ended before he ever took a breath but he is not forgotten..the pain of grief has passed now but his memory lives on...All of you that have been through this, I understand and I know you do too...Life is precious and sometimes it is way too short.....Baby, baby..you would have been 10 years old this year ...you live in our hearts..and even though you were gone from our life just like this tremendous oak limb, the wound has healed.....but I still remember you....and wish you had lived.....
thank you dear readers......for joy really does come in the morning...just keep walking and don't give up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Dear sweet Mona,

    My heart breaks for you in the reading of this post. Thank you for sharing. I've had 3 miscarriages, too, and know how painful they are.

    You are loved.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...