Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas ideas...


I found this lovely china at a thrift store today..I had been looking for a gravy boat and cruising ebay for a white one to go with my Thanksgiving china...well, as MY Provider would have it..I found a gravy boat along with a sugar dish and creamer and 5 cups and saucers and 4 cream soups and saucers all for the grand total of...$10.....TEN DOLLARS...at Replacements, the gravy alone is $79.95..
and the dishes are beautiful...so Christmas is starting to take shape around here..I create as I go..
I know, I know it would drive some of you CRA--ZY!!!!
but it is my method and it works for me..


When I saw this little nativity set in the same store, I grabbed it up..I had to have it....just fell in love right there....and I thought about my grandsons liking it too... grin........


I had kinda, sorta put the mantel together yesterday..I really want an earthy, natural feel to our Christmas this year....I have been working with a bolt of muslin that was my Mama's( we are a whole family of fabric collectors).. LOL
So I am leaving the real shiny decorations in the barn for this year..using my dried flowers and muslin and we'll see where this goes.
I plan on finishing up this weekend so maybe there will be a few pictures early next week...
I hope your weekend is a good one and that your creativity flows this Christmas...
thank you for reading my blog...and
Merry Christmas!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...