Wednesday, November 17, 2010

IF I WERE A TREE...........

As we were riding around Athens this weekend, I was able to get pictures of several different trees that are just beautiful with fall color...these trees were just standing there displaying their leaves and being the kind of tree that they were meant to be...I did not see one ginkgo trying to be a maple....or an oak trying to be a ginkgo....although at this time of year the ginkgo is the most beautiful..hands down...it is getting to shine like no other tree....
GINKGO Tree
It would look really silly for one of these trees to even think it could evolve into some other tree....because the real truth is that it was born a ginkgo and will die a ginkgo no matter what.......

The trees look so beautiful when there are more than one in a group and they are all showing their different colors at the same time...this is one of my favorite spots in Athens for the wonderful color here....they are actually in harmony here..not one is trying to get all of the attention..they play off of each other...each has a part to play in making this corner look awesome.....

I think that trees can teach us a lot if we take time to look at them...there is a purpose to each tree..they are happy being that kind..they don't have to put effort into trying to be what they are....they just grow and do what they are supposed to do....just BE......

Maybe it would be a good idea if we would take some life lessons from the trees around us....stop trying to be something we are not..by being who we are...BEING HAPPY WITH WHO WE ARE.....we each have been given different lots in life....at the end of my life, I want my lot to have been used up..I don't want to have wasted any of it by neglect......get busy using up your lot in life....and not being jealous of what someone else has..that just wastes energy that could be used for moving you forward......

So today...what kind of tree are you?   it would be nice for all of us to be the beautiful ginkgo this time of year...but that would be boring if everyone was the same....and after all her glory is short lived...all of her leaves will be on the ground in a matter of days and she will be standing there as naked as a jay bird....... :-)

Please BE YOURSELF.....it is the best gift you can give to this world we live in....
thank you for reading my thoughts......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...