Friday, November 19, 2010

FANTASTIC...NESS

You know some days you just have a day that can only be described as fantastic...Yesterday was one of those days..the day started out by spending time with awesome, awesome folks and then I got to spend lots of time with Betsy and my grandsons..there is not much better than having a little boy throw his arms around your neck and hang on tight hugging you..and to have 2 of them doing it is just more than I ever imagined.and another one waiting in the wings to hug me too...cause his smile tells it all..  :-) to be loved like this and to love back is what life is all about....
the weather was wonderful, lunch was very good, and the time spent sharing with my daughter was near perfection..I have a life to absolutely be thankful for....
and then as I looked through the pictures, this picture just jumped out..a life story right here..so here goes...

 Sometimes a loud squawking goose runs up to you and gets right in your space...just making noise for the sake of scaring you back...trying to make you back up.....we all have this in our life at times......
 But if you are fearless and stand your ground and run towards the loud  squawking, that bird will turn tail and RUN....and then if you just laugh as you are doing it..it might spread it's wings and try to show you how powerful it is, but you just keep on running towards it...
It becomes hilarious as it flaps and squawks and tries to make it think you can't beat it....and the people running with you or watching, get a big laugh too....even when someone comes into the picture and tries to warn you that the goose might bite you....just keep on laughing..and having fun with life....
KEEP GOING
But don't back down...get it off your territory..off of your space...out of your boundaries....but remember to do it with kindness..some joy...and most of all with love.....
today these boys showed me something about life...after all, they have my blood in their veins..they are fearless in the face of adversity..I saw a little bit of me in them..wow...that goose didn't have a chance and I laughed so hard ..it felt good....but they were determined even when a strange woman was warning them it would bite...IT DIDN'T.....maybe she was working for the goose.....

All of this little story to encourage you to live by your own convictions..even when a mean, squawking goose tries to get you to run....no need to run away....as you can see from these pictures....it was all mouth!   and that goose went back to the pond and joined all the other squawking geese while they compared notes about these fearless little boys that wouldn't go away......

I hope you all get a little bit of encouragement from this...and then BE COURAGEOUS in your life...our children and grandchildren are watching us and they need to see us be loving but firm..maybe steel magnolias would fit here.  :-)

I so appreciate you my readers..all of you that send me such loving and kind words and even the others too....this is my life and and it is a good one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...