Monday, October 25, 2010

Refreshment

My grandmother whom I called Mamama was always saying she needed a little refreshment..that is what she called something like this picture.....
This morning I find myself in need of a little refreshment but of a different kind.....I need one that involves time to meditate and pray..to reflect on life and the meaning of it...to ponder purpose and why I am  here....to think about being instead of doing....to remember who I am and whose I am too...that I was bought with a price and I have absolute value just like I am...that He knows where I am and loves me unconditionally.

It seems we are in a world of such seemingly 'perfect' people that have everything together...and I am a misfit in that world, I do not have it all together and I am not perfect..I am a work in progress and always will be...there is more I need to learn and more transformation I need to go through.
Put your best foot forward and saving face are 2 sayings that need to go away from my life...I don't want to project an image...I want to be REAL....living and breathing and touchable.  I want people to be able to relate to me and not be pushed away by seeming perfection.  I think it is time for us to be real with one another so there can be real relationships built and real love experienced..no more fakeness...no more only showing the good side of who we are...we all long to be loved for who we are especially in the hard places....so no more saving face..LOL   As I tell my story, I want you to be able to see yourself somewhere in the truth of my life and know that we are not alone..there is real connection...which cannot happen when we try to pretend we are something that we are not...
Being who I am and you being who you are is the only way to have a little refreshment..

It would be a lot easier to just drink a Cheerwine and be done with it but that would not make a lasting refreshment for my spirit...I am in need of a refreshment that lasts.......let's be REAL..no more FAKE!   YUK.
.

1 comment:

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...