Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Goodbye to a friend

I lost a friend yesterday.  He was way too young....58..that is too young to die....he was my first boyfriend....my first kiss...that really innocent and pure first love... 8th grade......
The last time I saw him was at my mama's graveside 7 years ago...it was very emotional to see him and hug him and introduce him to my husband...I can still remember looking into his eyes that day and he cared....we never got in touch again after that day..I didn't think it would be the last time I would see him.  I had thought I would probably run into him at a class reunion later. 
Last month when I was moving furniture and cleaning out an old trunk, I ran across his 8th grade picture. You know the only one that was safe to save because we truly were just good friends...It is hard to believe that his life was so short..there are lots of memories that have resurfaced....playing chase in our old neighborhood, visiting Lake Rabun with family friends, him helping me to label all of my clothes before my month long stay at Camp Dixie...many hours talking on the phone....but most of all his scaring me almost to death by kissing me...  LOL   if only our children were so innocent today... I really can hardly believe he is gone.  I wish I could have seen him one more time and shared a little more with him..I even remembered his birthday every year ..Oct 8...   :-).
Edward, you were special....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...