Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Investing

These are pictures of some of the roses from my yard that I picked this morning. My husband started buying me rose bushes for Valentines Day years ago instead of a dozen roses....that is what I asked for. I wanted to be able to enjoy them for years to come....He has bought me many over the years. My favorite place to get them is the Rose Emporium out of Texas...The first rose we bought was on our honeymoon and it is called the sweetheart rose or Cecile Brunner.....I look forward to it blooming every spring..
I just love this different colored rose.... they all have wonderful fragrances too....It is so easy to grow these heirloom or old garden roses...they need a minimum of care and perform well year after year...no spraying needed and minimal fertilizer...just plant and enjoy....
Maybe by next Valentine's Day I will have enough room for another one. :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...