Monday, March 22, 2010

Winter is past

For behold, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone.
The flowers have already appeared in the land;
The time has arrived for pruning the vines,
And the voice of the turtledove has been heard in our land....


These words have been going over and over in my mind for several days....they have been food for thought  and many thoughts have come and gone and now I need to get some of them out here to be read..

When we bought this house seven years ago, it was at the end of the winter of my life...there were so many things that had come to an end and needed to just be buried or pulled up...thus began my spring....winter had passed....
I have named this homeplace..Winterpast....because it truly has been a changing of the seasons for us...Someday I will write about all the things that have happened and caused us to live in springtime but today  is about gardening..

We worked in the yard on Saturday in this absolutely perfect weather.  I have been getting the garden ready to plant seeds.  I had rather skip the bed preparation but I have learned that it is the most important step in gardening.  cleaning up all the weeds and spreading new compost and manure and fertilizer and raking smooth the earth...I can look out at the garden from my kitchen window and it is so pretty...waiting for the first clear day and the seeds will go in the ground...The stage is all set for another year of growing and producing...I love this time of year.  So much has happened in the spring..many memories, some awesome and some sad...But mostly good and happy ones...
I really love flowers..especially daffodils..As we rode around town last week, we came upon a field of daffodils...My daughter told her 3 yr old son to look at the daffodils....He said...those aren't daffodils, Mama...them are FLOWERS!   I just love the things he says...talk about springtime..everything about him speaks of life.

That is the main quality of spring..new life...everything comes to life and the flowers are like a big smile for us.....try to look for a flower in everything....they are there...sometimes they are so tiny we hardly see them but nevertheless..they are there....we have flowers blooming every month of the year at Winterpast...so, go find some flowers..or better yet, plant some flowers..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...