Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Being a Romantic

I enjoy romance........I think most girls do.....but mine is real and not a mask or an act......knowing who I am as a woman has helped me to define this.....my mama used to accuse me of being in love with 'being in love' and I felt like I was 'less than what I should be' when she said it...Over the last few years, I stopped running from that accusation and started to look at my life and my desires....and YES, I am in love with being 'in love'...We have a love story that God orchestrated....we let Him write our love story instead of our fabricating one.....and I think a lot of my life is the fruit of that love story written by the ONE who is LOVE..
so for the sake of romance everywhere, I am sharing some of the things that make up the romantic side of our home....and NO this is not X rated...  grin..

Lighting.....so important to romance.....


captured during the blue hour right before sundown

When we put up these lights in the backyard, it automatically felt romantic to me....easy and very inexpensive...


and cut glass goblets.....another element of romance.....even if just for the way they reflect light...


 I found these at Dollar Tree while shopping for Easter baskets..another beautiful addition to romancing the home.




and last but definitely not least......FLOWERS...roses to be exact..what can say romance more than roses?  and these came from Antique Rose Emporium...easy and long lasting.......








So there you have it.....lighting, cut glass, and ROSES!  just a few of the things that speak ROMANCE....that reflect the feelings of 'being in love'.......

Yes, I am a romantic at heart....and a lot more than I ever realized before releases that in my home...a romantic home...I like the sound of that......

Add some romance to your home..it is not difficult..the main thing is to begin with LOVE in your heart..and the rest just follows.....

Thank you for stopping by today...and I hope to see you again soon...

                                                                               Mona

1 comment:

  1. That Bryan is a lucky guy!! Love those lights in the garden! I am never lucky at the Dollar Tree like some of my fellow bloggers. I must be shopping at the wrong one!!! Beautiful post, Mona.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...