Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Unexpected encouragement

Last night was date night.....as always............and we ate at Doc Chey's....sometimes the food is better than others.  :-)  but the fortune cookie was absolutely worth the whole meal.....God will use anything, even a donkey if He needs to, when He wants to speak to His own...

After the blog I wrote here , I opened my fortune cookie to find this message....

Unexpected encouragement is a beautiful thing...a good thing....it was very encouraging to me.....

Do any of you have your very own peanut gallery that make it their life work to tear you down and point out all that they think is wrong with you?  well, I do....sometimes it almost gets to me, but......GOD......intervened in this once again...He is always faithful to remind me of the TRUTH...His truth........

so, I looked up the definition of the word 'petty'

  1. pet·ty/ˈpetē/Adjective

    1. Of little importance; trivial.
    2. (of behavior) Characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, esp. in a small-minded or spiteful way.

and I realized that what I have been dealing with is indeed petty, but I am NOT petty .......that is where I am going to park the criticism..in the land of pettiness...

we all have our things that would probably benefit from our removing them from a place of importance and realizing that they are really just petty......


What a great ending to a date night meal...with a little bit of powerful encouragement...even in a fortune cookie..you never know where your next very much needed bit of joy or encouragement will come from...be on the lookout for yours, for it will surely come your way......

Y'all are important to me..thank you for reading along this morning..may each and every one of you be encouraged today....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...