Monday, May 3, 2010

Timing is everything

I have been thinking about the rain this week...we need the rain for my flowers to grow and it makes the roses exceptional when we get enough rain in the spring....but then, the very same thing..RAIN...that makes them so beautiful can destroy their blooms when they are in full bloom.....I want the rain so badly and then I don't want any rain at all......this morning it is raining buckets of water and my roses are in full bloom. So are the irises and the peonies are beginning to bloom...I found myself trying to pick all the most beautiful ones late last evening so I could protect them from the rain and enjoy them a little longer...Of course there is no way to get them all..there are hundreds of blooms..so now it is just wait and see how they hold up...
But this led me to another application of this very principle...the very same thing can be nurturing in one setting and destructive in another....I think this can apply to many things in my life. Being an over protective mama doesn't belong when my children are grown. but when they were little, that was my job..to make sure they were safe...this hit home this week after my grown son told me he was going sky diving...WELL....it shook me. LOL but I finally came to the realization that it was NONE of my business and I could just get in line and appreciate him for who he is...a very adventurous man...and by the time the jump was scheduled, I was all for celebrating who he is..it got rescheduled because of the weather but now I am just fine with his choices...Being mama to grown children is different than when they were little and their well being was my responsibility...This is the fun part. they make their own choices and they are very capable of really good ones. My job as a constant voice is over and now we have become friends. I am always here if they want my voice but it is their choice now...I celebrate who they are..I just had a little wake up call this week and I decided all over again. I do not want to control their lives. I REALLY want them to be who they are, not who I want them to be...
So......Jon and Betsy...I celebrate who you are...my friends....I think your mama did a pretty good job raising you and teaching you how to make good decisions but most of all to be who you really are...I would absolutely choose both of you to be my friends even if we were not family.....I love you dearly..I pray that the rain falls in your life at just the right time always....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...