Monday, May 17, 2010

Really living

Sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing,
"I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu.
"And then I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,
"And I watched Blue Eagle as it was flyin'."
An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance,
"To live like you were dyin'."


My son is teaching me some things about living...I raised him in hopes that he would one day FLY...you know that is what it is all about...we raise our children to be adults that are responsible.  we nurture them and care for them and love them and then WE LET THEM GO!!!   some of them grasp life and get all they can get and some draw back in fear....I watched a little bird the other day that refused to fly when pushed from the nest...all 5 of our dogs pounced on him in a minute....I had to bring them inside so it would have a chance....we are raising our children to not be afraid of flying when it is time...

Sometimes we have a real wakeup call and realize we are not really living but just existing.  We need to live life with purpose and intention..and rest too.. Jon had a real wakeup call mixed with some heartbreak last fall...I have watched as he has been reborn...he has changed...he started to live life and not just exist.  He realized that there is a lot more to life than he was experiencing...this is a real picture of him skydiving..not just a photo from google..LOL.


We need to watch over our childrens hearts ..for it out of the heart that life pours out...it is what we pour into our children that will make them who they are... it is the values and the love...my grandmother used to say to my mama  'your children will not know what they were wearing when they were little,after they are grown.' she was right     .it will not matter...it is what is on the inside..

A friend of mine's sister has literally been given 6 months to live..My friend posted this question..what would you do if you found out you only had 6 months to live?   I thought of the above song...'Live Like You Are Dying'      .Life is precious..let's not wait until we have bad news to do something about it...let's live like we were dying all the time.....Life on purpose....we are not here by accident...we have a purpose for being here...find what it is and DO IT!

I am proud of Jon..he took lemons and made the best lemonade ever...and the pitcher is still full...
Reflect on your life and change what you can....make a difference and make it matter....
and pray like there is no tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...