Saturday, May 22, 2010

Daylilies

My first daylily bloom of the season.......I am reminded every year that I am part of a much bigger picture...you see, my family has grown daylilies for generations....they are very much a part of my family history....you might hear a lot about them this next month as the memories come to me....My Mother hybridized this daylily..that means she took two flowers and crossed them and then planted the seed and grew this flower. she was really good at choosing the good ones to cross... I treasure this lily especially since it mama's baby...there is not another one like it anywhere.
There will be more pictures and more stories in the next few weeks but today I am going to lunch and shopping with my favorite daughter....
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...