Tuesday, November 21, 2017

I Love Thanksgiving


I do love this holiday but I must admit..this girl is tired..  I  have been cleaning and redoing and getting ready for 2 weeks.  Now I have some cooking and some straightening up to do tomorrow.  Hallelujah my daughter is coming to help on Wednesday..  I am so excited that she will be here.

I did get the table finished today.  It is a challenge when there will be 7 grandchildren mixed in with the adults.  So there is a mixture of glassware and different sized forks but the rest is the same. I tried to keep it simple and natural this year.  Let's have a look...
















These next pictures are of our family room table that we have enjoyed all month.








Frankly these could use some editing but I am just too tired and then they would never get posted kinda like the last 2 years.  LOL  So I am making progress here.  Just a little photography tidbit..  The lighting is what makes the difference in these 2 sets of pictures.  The second group I am using natural lighting and to me they look better.  The first group, I have lamps on because there are no windows in this room.  It makes a lot of difference in how pictures turn out.  None of these are edited in any way.  Learn to pay attention to the lighting when you take photographs.  Such a great way to express your artistic talents..

I hope you enjoy seeing my tables.  They have been fun to design and set.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  Enjoy your day no matter what you are doing or who you are with.  All of my children and grandchildren will be here.  This is one thankful and grateful Mama..

Love,
Mona

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Vee here. Not sure why, but it is not allowing me to comment in groogle. Grrr... So anonymous I must be.

    Your tablescape is lovely. I know that everyone will enjoy it. Are the grands happy to be seated with the adults?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Vee,
      I don't know what is wrong with that. When I have some time I will try to investigate and find the problem. You are not the first one to tell me that.
      Anyway, thank you.. The boys need to be a little older before they are trusted in another room without adult supervision.. LOL
      Love,
      Mona

      Delete
  2. Love your table. You are a great tablescaper and photographer. Some day I would love to really talk about lighting with you and camera angles, etc.
    I have had my son's family since Saturday and yesterday my daughter's family came. It is beyond wonderful to have your family together but sleeping ten with one having a stomach virus is a challenge. I'm tired also but a happy tired. I haven't looked at my computer for a week and this morning before anyone is up I peeked.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mona, I didn't realize you had seven grandchildren, what a blessing. You did a lot of work this Thanksgiving. We had a quiet, simple one this year. Your pictures are so pretty, and thanks for the tip about the lighting. I do like the second set of pictures better. But I love the haziness in the first set. What setting did you use for that? Your table looks very festive for Thanksgiving.

    Enjoy this Christmas season, Mona.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...