Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gomphrena

Some flowers have funny names...gomphrena..who came up with that one???  I like to call it globe amaranth...either name is right.....and this one.  strawberry fields is one of my favorite flowers...yes, I know..I say that all the time!  well, maybe they ALL are my favorite at the time I say it.....Taken this morning.  it is not a very prolific plant but the flowers dry really well and hold their color.     and another thing about this color is..it is NEVER true to the red color it is supposed to be....I had red ones one time, I think...





But, as a true gardener, I grow it year after year...loving it...


The watcher....BO...he is guarding me fiercely.....love my boy......

Second day in a row that it has not rained all day long...feeling hopeful..okra, eggplant, peas,cucumbers, and jalapenos might have a fighting chance now....sounds like a Cajun garden....know where I can buy some tomatoes?

4 comments:

  1. I love those! They always look like your garden to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so pretty. I don't have any of those will have to find some for my garden. Bi sure is pretty.
    Have a great weekend Mona.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful flower! Does it attract hummingbirds or butterflies?

    I just found your blog and I hope you will follow me too. I love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique flower. Have never seen it before. I love the color!

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...