Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tea for pondering



You know, it's those birthdays with a zero on the end that make me ponder....to really THINK about my life.....
to wonder if.........

If I am doing enough with my life......

If what I am doing really matters....to anybody......

If I am living on purpose or simply existing........


I have one of those birthdays coming up and for weeks, I have been thinking and soul searching.....looking here and there...seeing if there are things I need to rearrange in my life..  it is not a midlife crisis...not nearly that dramatic.  as I get older I have become more mellow...but life touches me more deeply..much more deeply and profoundly than I realized...until now.....



I know I am not going to be on this earth an unlimited amount of years....I still have a lot of them left but I am more aware of making my life count and making a difference.....of leaving a legacy.......

So for this week's tablescape, it is just me.....and my sweet ladyhead vase and a cup of tea...
.and as always, flowers..




I am gathering my thoughts and my inspiration and my prayers to get ready for another year or decade..and making decisions that will make my life more meaningful...to God, to myself and to the ones I love...



I will be joining in with these fun parties...come visit....

Let's Dish

Tablescape Thursday

Simple and Sweet Fridays 

11 comments:

  1. Hi, Mona! I hear ya, I feel ya, and ain't it the truth! We're so happy to have all these years to have lived on this earth, but as we age we (hopefully) mellow and appreciate those years behind us, in the now, AND ahead of us.

    This is a very pretty vignette, and I love that lady head vase!!! It reminds me of the beautiful things I would admire in my Grandmother's dressing room. Nice memories!

    Enjoy your solitude, and have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona - you are right, this is a big one for you. However, after you pass it, you probably will not even pay attention to the others (not that I would know - lol!!). I love reading your blogs - you seriously need to write a book!!!! Love your vignette - the teapot and the cup are gorgeous and your lady looks, well, like a lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the head vase, flowers, and "M" cup. You always ask the important questions. I never have answers, only prayers and much love my friend. I shall save my b-day wishes for when I see you. love, O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea for one is so pretty. I love your lady head and she totally sets the mood for all your thoughts on life. Your monogrammed tea cup is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful vignette...the vase head is one of the prettiest I have ever seen. I love the monogrammed tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mona,
    I know what you mean, dear, as I've been pondering the same thing myself. You do have a blog full of beauty and simplicity, and that's special in itself. I love your lady head vase - we should all have one of those.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your tea for one and that you take the time to enjoy. Your bouquet and lady head vase are both stunning. Lovely teascape. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Mona- what a beautiful tea time - your pictures are gorgeous and I love your old Nippon Moriage - love love love it!

    I too am getting to that point in my life- and I think the way you stated it in your post is perfect.

    Lovely post, I am your newest follower.

    Smiles,

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are times in life when we all need reflection. Your tea is beautiful.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and I LOVE your pups blowing in the breeze! They look SO happy.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. You deserve the flowers and everything else! Life is short!

    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish, have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...