Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Soggy Bottom Land


Wow Wow!   are we ever having a rain event around these parts....it has finally stopped but our yard is drenched...wish I could bottle it up and save it for later in the summer....






I just couldn't resist taking some pictures of the views from my windows this morning.  I am trying to get over a cough and a cold so no venturing out in this weather .....This red camellia has been the prettiest it has ever been since we bought this house 10 years ago...the view from my family room window....


The rain is really coming down on our Japanese cedar planted near our front walk and I am sure it is happy.....

Do you think about the views from your windows when you plant and landscape your yard?  It is a really important part of planning.....be aware of what you will see when you look out your window..it makes sense, especially on those days when you can't go outside...you will still have beautiful views from inside.....


2 comments:

  1. Ditto Girlfriend. Our backyard is flooded. Your camellia is beautiful. I hope this helps us not loose any trees this year. I have no money for cutting trees down. xoxo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as I finished building my ark, the sun came out!! Everything is pretty soggy around here, too, but my place does not look as beautiful, as your pictures show that yours does. At least we are not having to dig out of the snow and we will be wishing for this kind of rain this summer!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...