Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stone Walls and boundaries....




One of the things that caught my eye right away when we saw our house for the first time were the stone walls that are in our backyard..  Actually, I think I kinda said this is the house I want as soon as I saw them......You know, there are things in a landscape that only time can put there....No new construction can even duplicate something that has been there for decades...My one request to our realtor was that our house be 'a homeplace'.....I knew what I was looking for and that helped in eliminating house after house..  I could almost tell the minute we drove up in front of a house that it wasn't what I was looking for....we looked at a lot of houses....a LOT....much to our most patient realtors chagrin......but he stuck with us and we stayed true to our word...we WOULD buy through him..no matter what.....and we did...










Sometimes , I need a reminder of why I am doing something....of what I was drawn to in the beginning..what makes me keep going and remembering the little things that caused me to make a choice....and all of this helps me to persevere..even when life seems hard and mundane and complacency creeps in...

 I really do have a vision and it needs polishing up a bit....Seeing these great walls with different eyes yesterday reminded me.......Even when it seemed impossible...I mean really, really impossible....not even a chance....God came through for me....He gave to me my hearts desire....a HOMEPLACE.....complete with these little stone walls and a mature landscape..

.daffodils, camellias, oak trees, magnolias, hollies, tulip poplar, even a beloved deodar cedar...azaleas, peonies, many, many sasanquas, hyacinths, crocus, liriope, ajuga, iron cross, English dogwood(mock Orange), spirea, forsythia, mahonia, daylilies, snowbells, dogwoods, crepe myrtles and the list goes on and on...It is a delightful garden and a wonderful place to live...my dream did come true..and it all started with a stone wall.....

What is your hearts desire?  have you let it go or are you still hoping..even hoping against hope for it to come to pass?? 



I hung on...just barely....and it did come to pass...I now live on an old homeplace and it is our home.......

Hold on to your dreams....never, never, never give up......not ever.....

1 comment:

  1. The stone walls are lovely. You are right about knowing what you want. Joe wanted the right kind of lot and/or some land. He was able to buy the empty lot next to us last year. We must have looked at 45 houses or more before buying the yellow house. We nearly bought a cabin in Pigeon Forge way up in the mountains but could never get the agent to let us see it. Now when does that happen? It was not God's plan for us.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...