Thursday, June 7, 2012

Can we really do anything we want to do??????

This morning we had a friend come over and set up the rest of our wifi system...He fixed all of the functions of the blu ray player we bought several months ago....now we can get Pandora, youtube, Netflix and all of the rest through our TV....and our smart phones will use wifi at home too........

You know, this made me start thinking....uh-oh.....LOL

Part of maturity is knowing and accepting our limitations..we all have them...we have things we excel in and things we totally need to depend on others for because we are not equipped to do them....




How many of us are like Tula?  sitting at a gate that is not going to open for us because it is put there to keep us out of a place we do not belong????  instead of living in the places where we do belong?????  this gate is to keep her out of my garden and I am NOT going to open it and let her in....


My parents told me all of my growing up years that I could do anything I set my mind to....that is simply not a true statement..it has taken a very long time to realize just how damaging that belief can be.......we are made to be interdependent, not independent of one another....There is a healthy way to depend on others...and that is what we need to learn and accept as a part of a healthy lifestyle.......

I met a group of people lsat week that I have been very close to for more than 2 years...but...our relationship had been built via technology...phone calls, emails, texts, and facebook...I am so grateful for all of these ways of communication....but..coming face to face with these people....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is indeed healing in good, healthy relationships.......and I came home changed....knowing I have family that is totally committed to one another....unconditional love..they do not require me to be perfect and neither do I expect them to be..we honor one another and respect who God has made us to be....

Realizing that I cannot be everything to everybody is freeing...frees me to be who I am meant to be....

I don't want to write my own agenda for life...I want to submit my heart to God and follow His leading...in all things....that means I have limitations and boundaries in my life I am not to cross...they are for my own good and protection.......


Jake, Maggie, Tula, and Bo are sitting smushed up against our front gate....they want out..but they are NOT going to get out because there is a busy highway close by..this fence is for their own protection because we love them and want to keep them safe......they cannot do what they set their minds to do because we are bigger and smarter and will not open the gate for them to get out......are we like this?  there are 2 acres of fenced in area they could be running and playing in right behind them..but they choose to look forlornly out of the front gate....hahaha..not gonna happen.....


I know who I am......and what I am called to do..that is our life quest..to find significance and living the life I am created for brings such peace...

so it is not a matter of being able to do anything or be anything...it is a matter of finding the answer to this question...who am I and why was I created?   and we all have to go to God to find those answers....no other man can answer these questions for us.....it is the main thing we are created for...to have a living and vital relationship with God..who made us and loves us and will give us the answers we seek........

I embrace my limitations and weaknesses.....they help me not be independent of others......we are all a part of a greater picture....but I know my strengths too and I gladly bring them and share them with others.....

Let's do this thing together...find your place and LIVE there....BE who you are called to be.......

I found part of my family last week and it is a perfect fit for me.....from teenagers to older women and men..they were all there...what a good God we know....He truly brings restoration to the things we have lost.....

thank you for stopping by today...

maybe this will help to accept and embrace our limitations..it is a good thing to do..

hope to see you again soon..

Mona

I am sharing at
Inspiration Friday

come over and visit

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Mona. I think it is a good thing to know our limitations. God give gifts to everyone, but they are not always the same gifts. Trying to figure out my gifts has been a life-long quest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic post- I really enjoyed reading it. Thank you for sharing- it was a blessing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just WOW. I am sitting here nodding my head up and down in total agreement with this. I have never heard it said better, either. I think one of the greatest parts of maturing toward where we're supposed to be is knowing and even embracing that there are things we CAN'T do because we're not supposed to do them.

    I just deleted a longer comment because we just "met" and I don't want to make a bad impression. (smile).

    I love the way you think, and I am glad to have found this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...