Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nature surrounds this table...

I absolutely LOVE this time of year......for years I dreamed about having a deck and a wrought iron table and chairs and a garden where I could put all of it....well, that dream has come true...as we were sitting at the table after supper a few nights ago, I realized that all of this is mine now...my sweet husband is ever vigilent to meet my needs...maybe whims....

This round table is a joy to set...easier than the long one in the dining room..so for the next few weeks, before the bugs and mosquitoes take us away, I will be dining in blissdom....out in nature...surrounded by flowers, big sky, birds singing, and just the pure openness of it all....I could live outside...My Mama used to tell me I would stand at the backdoor and cry..and beg 'owsid'  until she let me go out....  I am still like that...needing my outside time every day......

so, come along with me to the deck..our spring and early summer dining room........what a view.....

sparkling pomegranate juice for breakfast
 this is our view from the deck..nice, huh?


red beans and rice for supper
 We had this supper on dishes that I love.... Jamie Oliver White China Tableware  The License for Jamie Oliver was previously owned by Royal Worcester.It has now been bought by Churchill China and  the backstamp reads Jamie Oliver Manufactured by Queens China.   I bought several many pieces of this at a thrift store years ago..it is my go to china for everyday..love, love it...and it mixes well with others....



and that salt and pepper mill...I received it from a family member that lived in Chicago way back in 1973...it came from Marshall Field's...and it has been on my table since then...very unique..salt on top and pepper mill on bottom...still works perfectly......

fern and barkcloth
 My daughter and her family gave me this fern for my birthday..I am in love..funny how I had stopped getting ferns every spring and can't remember the last one I had...then this one, and I have smiled more at that silly plant than you can imagine...like welcoming an old friend back....

the setting
 you can see where the deck is from the picture..right outside of the kitchen....and we can look out on the rolling hills of our backyard....

shrimp and grits supper
another supper of shrimp and grits...on Mikasa Italian Countryside dishes..our other everyday china....

well, there you have it, folks....our dining routine as long as the weather is nice and the bugs are not too numerous...

I am washing the outside tablecloths this morning so we can set some more pretty tables outside...

Thank you for stopping by..I hope to see you again soon....so fix you a plate and take it outside..no matter what your yard looks like, the food tastes better when you are outside....

Get out there and enjoy some sunshine and fresh air...

                                                                Mona


come see where I am sharing today  at   Between Naps on the Porch


13 comments:

  1. Everything looks so tasty...Love the doggies too...Now I will have to have some shrimp and grits too...phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Al fresco" dining is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My table this week is outside too. Everything tastes better outside! You have a beautiful view. Your white dishes are both so pretty and so versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, I am glad you agree with eating outside.....thank you for coming by today..
      Mona

      Delete
  4. I realized yesterday that I had better do a table on my porch, before it gets so hot. I have been working on it today - maybe, I will finish by next week - lol!! Your food looks delicious and what a beautiful view!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I can't wait to see your table...and thank you..it is a pleasure to sit out there this time of year...

      Delete
  5. Your red beans and rice and hot sauce (cannot forget that) supper on the deck sounds delightful to me. I just bought a rather ornate table base and when I get to it I am painting it turquoise and having a piece of tempered glass cut for it. We have chairs. Eating outside is the best. Do you feed hummingbirds? I ask because they eat mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olive, I didn't know that about humming birds..I used to have 2 feeders but the ants got so bad and we never had but one little bird.. :-( maybe I should try again....thanks for the info..

      Delete
  6. Can't wait until its warm enough to dine outside. Your table and view is lovely and the food looks delicious. I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for following my blog. I hope you enjoy it...it's good to have you here...
      Mona

      Delete
  7. I wanted to let you know that I have chosen your lovely blog for the Liebster Blog Award. You can refer back to All the Pretty Dishes to learn about it.

    www.alltheprettydishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...