Friday, March 23, 2012

Overlapping seasons

I have just found the first rose blooming on my Iceberg climbing rose..........



It is too early for this rose to bloom....it seems even the seasons are a little confused this year..spring has come way too early..feeling a little like summer this week.......winter was gone way too soon...feeling like spring before we were ready to cover the wood pile......my heart is happy to see this beautiful rose...but my mind is a little perplexed at the swiftness of this warm weather..kinda like I can't get all caught up with my mind, body , and emotions....they seem to be going at different rates and it is not easy to settle into a routine or rhythm of life this spring/summer/winter......at least fall is not thrown in there..the leaves are not falling or turning colors of red and yellows..whew!  at least there is one choice eliminated...

sometimes I think I am the only one feeling these mixed up seasonal changes..and not liking my yearly routines being so different this year.....I really missed the cold weather and getting out my sewing machine and cozying up with some warm fabrics and being creative...  It has gotten me in a funk that is not easily persuaded to let go of me.......I needed my sewing season and it never came this year....gardening took it over and now I am kinda in limbo........

I am moving on from waiting for cold weather this year.....pulled out my Easter bunnies and china roses and set a spring table today...

I guess this will be the year we always say it was the year that winter never came........

Even my sweetheart rose (Cecile Brunner) is starting to bloom.....


Well, I better get over this in a hurry...we have an anniversary coming up and both of our birthdays and Easter ...all in the first few days of April..but all of those are different stories....

For sure!!   Happy SPRING!

thank you for stopping by today....

Mona

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my anniversary is tomorrow!! I do not like this! The white and pink dogwoods are both blooming. Usually, the white ones go first. I hate this early spring. I miss the real seasons!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...