Monday, March 12, 2012

Anniversaries, cakes and boys

Two years ago I began a journey...with one small step...and one click of a mouse, I became a published author.....

338 posts later I am still enjoying my blog...and I hope you are too...I was trying to think of some wise sayings for today's anniversary but with this time change and all...well, I might be sitting here for about a week until my sleep deprivation gets caught up..with reality.....so, I will share a little bit of my life with you.....

My grandsons just spent a few days with us..along with their Mama...but Mama needed some rest because she is growing our eagerly awaited number FOUR grandbaby.....I thought it would be a good idea if we made a cake..and guess what!!  Will and Mac thought it was a grand idea too...so that is what we did...

patiently waiting

closer is better


It is hard to remember to take a lot of pictures when there are little boy helpers...but we got a few....and lots of help..they really were excellent in the kitchen and enjoyed every minute of it.....so did I...

our strawberry cake
Mac loves, loves aw---ba-- rees..so this was right up his alley...

yum yum
and then we ATE cake......the whole thing in less than 24 hours...  but that is what grandmothers are for, right?

next time we probably need to focus on locally grown garden food..but for this visit..oh, well.....

Then we had to dig in the dirt......

making a landscape

Mac's river

I love Marshall's expression

Will loves to talk
I think I enjoyed digging and playing in the dirt as much as they did..Will even helped me to remove a LOT of the rocks from this area...we have a LOT of rocks in the dirt....

Well, this is what I chose to be my anniversary issue.  two of the things I love most and enjoy writing about...my grandsons and my garden..with a little bit of cake thrown in for good measure..so you will know it is a party.

If there is something you want to do with your life, just START!!!  if you never start, you will never do it...it only takes one small step...that is what I did...and now it has been 2 years and it is part of my life..part of what I do..and I love doing it..

I appreciate each and every one of you..I would love to get a comment or two from you..they are always great encouragement....and then I can visit your blog too...

Thank you for reading along today and I hope to see you again soon...

Happy Anniversary to my blog......

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 2nd blogiversary! That cake looks divine and the grandsons look like they had fun making it. Also, congrats on your new grandbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your 2nd blogiversary!! The cake looks like a great thing to share with your grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Mona! I just wish I had been there to eat some of that yummy cake! The boys, obviously, are extremely talented and smart! I love the red mixer - it is SO you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...