Saturday, February 4, 2012

Who do you love more?





Honey, who do you love more?   a simple question that is a heart cry in everybody.........my grandson Will asked this question......

do you love me best?  that is what we want to know...it is what we want to happen to us...we want to be somebody's favorite....loved above all others..we want the question answered..why, of course, I love YOU best!

I am amazed at the way my daughter patiently answers the millions of questions these little boys shoot at her nonstop.....

Her answer to this question was filled with Mama wisdom...it doesn't work like that Will.....I love you all..there is room for love for all of you.......the same amount but different......as you are all different....I love you the same amount...

I think one of the questions that are hidden in this heart cry is this...do you love somebody else more than you love me????

Don't we all want to be somebody's favorite?   I think that is one of the root causes of sibling rivalry..the NEED to be above the others...the MORE!!..    parents have a great responsibility in helping siblings to work through this most damaging quest..it is not possible to stay unified as a family when this is left to run rampant unchecked........

We need and want to be number one!!  Me, Me, Me....it is still cute in a 5 year old.......not so much in a 50 year old..

The one place we can  be the favorite is in our marriages....we need this from each other..that we are indeed the favorite of our spouse...but sometimes that fails....

and the only REAL place that we are THE FAVORITE is in God's eyes.....We are each His favorite all of the time..I do not pretend to know how this works but I just know that it does.....He picks us every time...He will never leave us or forsake us...

getting to know Him is the only sure way we can overcome this awfulness of having to be somebody's favorite or more!!  We can be content..knowing that God picks us....it is a foundational  truth....that we are LOVED by a Father that is good all of the time...and He is always in a good mood....and He can meet our needs in a way that makes us know we are special to Him...

Thank you for stopping by today..I hope your weekend is filled with love...with the knowing that YOU are God's favorite and that you can rest in that truth.....

I hope to see you again soon...
Mona

Will...he is indeed my favorite 5 year old..that is what I tell him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?

  Sometimes I wonder if there is even any interest in my blog anymore.  If anybody would read it if I wrote again.  Well, if you are out the...